Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ann: QC Plus 1.0 now available

QC Plus is the native windows QualityCentral client that I've been developing off and on since 2004.

It was windows client formally called JED, QC.

You can download the installation from the download page on my website:
http://www.jed-software.com/qc_download.htm

There are a heap of features in this version, but I'd hate to spoil the fun of finding them all by telling you what they all are.

There is a short video in the support section detailing a common question, that also shows a few features (if you can stand the first 20 seconds of my mumbling and indecision )
http://www.jed-software.com/qc_support.htm

It should play nice with existing JED, QC RC2 installations, if not, you may want to delete your cached data (steps on the support page).

There is a help file included that is actually quite full and has not only user interface features but also some info about QualityCentral in general.

There are some other articles in the works and hopefully I will be able to post a link to them soon.

If you find a bug in the client you can choose to do either of the following things:

1) Ignore it and get frustrated everytime you come across it
2) Email me about it (my email is in the about box)
3) Post it in QualityCentral against the "JED QC" platform in the QualityCentral project. Please search incase it is already in there though.

I'd like to take the time to thank the following folks for helping out:

* Dave and Levi from Clever Icons for donating the splash image and icons - www.clevericons.com
* Steema Software for donating TeeChart PRO to me to use - http://www.steema.com
* Sinan at InstallAware for the copy of Installaware Studio - www.installaware (The setup is really slick and shows what you can do with an MSI installation)

A special thanks to all the testers for the feedback, requests and for keeping me interested along the way.

Enjoy

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Oster said...

Any chance of a screenshot? I know, it shouldn't matter but I'm an usability and ascetics snob, working well is only part of the equation and a good UI can make or break an app for me.

Of course, it wouldn't take much to improve on the official QC client, that thing has a horrible UI that looks like it was created by an old UNIX programmer with a grudge against GUI applications.

5:08 AM  
Blogger JED said...

Hi Shawn,

There are a couple available on the screenshots page on the site.

http://www.jed-software.com/qc_screen.htm

Don't be put off by the activity, you can hide things.

I think the new report wizard is its most important feature. Makes adding new reports (with attachments and screenshots) very easy.

cheers,
Jeremy

7:55 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Congrats on going RTM with your industry leading QC client, Jed!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jeremy,

it seems that there are no Screenshots on http://www.jed-software.com/qc_screen.htm available.

For me, there is a blank page. When I click on the Link to "QC Plus Login", there is an Error (Page not found).

7:14 PM  
Blogger JED said...

Thomas,

What browser are you using. Appear fine for me under IE7.

ta,
Jeremy

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jeremy,

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.7. With Opera 9.23 I get the same Result. Indeed, it works only in IE7...

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home